Why wear foundation?
There are many misconceptions in print about foundation.
It has been my philosophy that foundation should be worn for all occasions, lifestyle, skin-types and all ages. Yes, even the mature skin.
1. Foundation will hydrate your skin because of the great ingredients.
2. Foundation will protect your skin with an SPF.
3. Foundation will even out your skin-tone which will make your skin look even and fresh.
4. Foundation will hold and keep your cheek color on all day.
Did you know that the average price of finishing powder with your department/specialty store brand is $31.50. jmm powder is $18. Our translucent pressed powder provides a polished finish to the foundation and will give your skin a smooth fresh look.
5 shades. Talc and paraben free.
Some 11-12 years ago I had the opportunity to help a chemist in Southern California launch a new anti-aging product that contained a new ingredient under the trademark name of Matrixyl by Sederma. Matrixyl is an amino-peptide that was proven through extensive studies to create dramatic changes in the appearance of aging skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkle, age spots and skin firmness by synthesizing collagen production. It was the most advanced ingredient in the anti-aging line-up of skincare formulations.
As we age and collagen production decreases peptides are vital to our cellular function because they support the skin’s collagen, strengthen and rebuild the skin, and improve photo-damage and wrinkling.
I immediately feel in love with this product. My skin felt and looked better just after a few days. As our clients began to reorder two at a time I knew we had a winner! Over time the texture of my skin continued to improve.
Several years later we upgraded to a newer formula that contained Matrixyl 3000 that contained two peptides that delivered even better results. How could it be even better I wondered?
Here’s how. As I was approaching my 50’s I began noticing changes in the texture and look of my chest. Ugh! We can cover our face with makeup to look younger but I could not hide my chest. It was looking old and I was horrified! Why was I not using the CSII on my chest I wondered? It was a basic application that I was taught early on in my career! After a few months the results were amazing and definitely something I could measure. The wrinkles had disappeared! Now I started telling everyone about it. CSII became known as the “blue miracle crème”
Fast forward to today and we just launched a newer and improved Collagen Solutions Serum and a nite creme. CS3 has been launched with Matrixyl® synthe’6 or Palmitoyl tripeptide 38.
I was very skeptical of changing. Anita and I began using this newer version and I sampled a few long time clients. I noticed Anita’s skin looking more radiant. 2 days after giving Roxanne a sample she emailed me and said “The product sample you gave me that goes under my moisturizer I feel it is doing some good already can you send me a bottle?”
This powerhouse peptide dramatically smoothes and refines skin. Noticeable improvements are visible in 4 key ways:
• Reduces wrinkle volume by up to 21%
• Reduces wrinkle depth by up to 19%
• Increases skin smoothness
• Increases hydration levels
CS3 serum $60 1 oz CS3 Nite Crème $60 2oz
(One of the top luxury brands just launched a similar product for $500!)
Makeup looks this spring season can go from fresh and modern minimalist to sexy couture. What is the determining factor. You!
What are you doing with your hair?
What is your wardrobe this spring?
What are you doing? Work, play or weekend?
Features look…fresh and modern minimalist.
When I worked on this Regis shoot I did not know the models hair was going to look like cotton candy. It was so fun to build upon this look and complement the hair and fashion style. The result is soft muted pastels enhancing the elegance of nudes and shades of peach or pink.
The multi-colored hair trend is something to look for this spring. Hair is done by Stephanie Vallejo, lead educator Carlton Hair for Regis Corp. Makeup Julie Martin
Makeup on this model begins with flawless skin...
1. Mu 2 in “linen” is blended all over the face to get a very soft even complexion followed by translucent powder and concealer. Tip…foundation, powder and concealer should always match the skin tone color perfectly.
2. Eye colors used to create this muted look began with” satin” under brow and “apricot” blended all over lid. “Puddy” is then used as a color wash above the crease to create a aoft contour. Deepen eyes with cat’s eye quartz in the crease and under lash line. Wet liner brush with cat’s eye quartz shadow and smudge on upper lid to create soft line.
3. Strong cheeks brighten skin after a long dull winter. Here I used apricot on the apple of the cheek into contour and blended to soften edges with powder brush.
4. Soft muted nude lips finish this look. Color used here is “bare” lip shine lipstick.
5. Finish lashes with black brown mascara.